Thursday 22 July 2010

style icon number 2

Jessica Fletcher
And no I'm not joking. I am a child of the 80's and love almost all 80's fashion. But one of my favorites is the pussy bow blouse or secretary blouse. It was usually made out of polyester but was sometimes made of silk. It came in all sorts of prints and colors...and Jessica Fletcher has an amazing collection of these blouses and dresses. I've had a quite extensive collection of the blouses for about 15 years now. Mostly from charity and thrift shops, but some new ones whenever the high street jumped on my band wagon.

As I became a huge fan of Murder, She Wrote, after watching the repeats daily on daytime television, I realized that J.B. Fletcher actually had a pretty good dress sense. There's usually at least one outfit she wears in an episode that I would wear. I have moved on from just the blouses to what I call 'Jessica Fletcher' dresses.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment