Monday 15 November 2010

Stuff I hate...Uggs

A teenage girl wearing Uggs in Dublin, Ireland. 
Over the last decade Ugg® boots have become a lazy 'style' staple for celebrities and the women who copy them. In case you haven't seen them on Pamela Anderson, Sienna Miller, Jordan or any other 'style' icon, they are sheep skin boots from Australia. They are basically slippers you can wear outside.

I was quite shocked that they were becoming popular again when I first moved to London ten years ago. I remembered them from high school. The popular 'trendy' girls, who dated the jocks, wore them with cut-offs and surf shirts and sweat shirts. Oh yeah and they all had long blond hair and perfect tans. I didn't know that Uggs had just started to be sold in the U.K., lucky them.
I hated them then and I hate them now. We used to say that Uggs was short for ugly.
Just say NO to Uggs and try and make a bit of an effort please.
(I'M NOT ADDING ANY LINKS TO OTHER ARTICLES BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL PRO UGGS AND I DON'T WANT TO ENCOURAGE ANYONE TO WEAR THEM)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment